Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine

Dear internet,
Don't worry. I'm not going to get all mushy on you. I just have one thing to say on the topic of love because, well... it's topical. I realized this weekend that love's great advantage beyond all that mushy emotional stuff is that it can really push you out of your comfort zone. And make you like it! So in honor of that sensation, I made a picture of my dreamboat boyfriend (okay, so it's a little mushy) that doesn't fit into my usual oeuvre.

It's really nice to work on something a little different. I'm really enjoying working with graphite; for a piece in graphite that's more in line with the rest of my work, see the Wild West show in Montserrat College of Art's 301 gallery, which opens tomorrow. Don't fret if you can't make it, I'll be scanning it in when the show comes down.

Oodles and oodles,
Chelsea

No comments: